Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Learning to look at the bright side of the picture.

Pic source: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5lhvdxSZuEy6qT9fplXiPwSOkYx1s7Rv1zVKbVlDwaIBlvaE6TQ

This year will be a critical year for me, have been preparing for the last one year and the effort that I have to put in this year is a few times more. However, in the midst of trying to work hard, I feel that I am pestered by lots of negative feelings like fear and lack of confidence. I just can't stop thinking of the times that I failed to do well in my work. "Learn to look at the bright side of the picture" We must have heard this before. Having a better analysis of this quote, I decided to write this post to share my views with everyone.

I am sure most people know how to look at the bright side of the picture. An example will be when we are unable to do well in a project. Instead of feeling discouraged, we see that as another chance to do it better. The main point of my post will be what can be done after looking at the bright side. We look at the positive side because we do not want the negative feelings and feel discouraged. Nonetheless, I think we should let negative feelings be a pushing force that pushes us to do better. In other words, let the negative feelings have a positive impact into Using the same example, after thinking that the failure is another chance to do better, we should remember how we failed, and work harder to do better as we do not want to face it again.

If we are only able to know that it is a chance to do it again and not remember the failure, our will to work harder may not be as strong. In the worst case, we may be overly optimist and not pushing ourselves, we may still fail again. We can't be doing that all the time.

I know that I haven't been doing enough and I hope that I am able to succeed in doing what i have mentioned above. What do you guys think?

Will be back in translating songs soon. :)

W.Ting
(Editor of S.E)

1 comment:

  1. It's a good attitude, you have to learn from the mistakes you made, but also don't be too negative either. Find a balance and keep striving for what you want!

    ReplyDelete